Join me on social media!!

Monday, March 28, 2016

Good Afternoon

Good Afternoon dear followers. 
I have noticed my page views jumps up a few hundred whenever I make a post. It warms my heart and I am delighted to have so many people viewing and reading my blog. If you do not mind, it would mean a lot if you could subscribe or follow my blog. It will make it much easier for you to get notifications on finding me whenever a new post has been made :).

My daughter and I woke up in a wonderful mood and I thought, while she is occupied playing with the dog on the floor, I would make a quick post. Usually, she is so interested in what I am doing that I cannot type or I quickly lose train of thought because I need to put Team Umizoomi on or it's a million questions she needs answers for.

A quick reminder about my online Launch Party April 2nd. 
I am excited to introduce everyone to Scentsy and Scentsy products!
April is Autism Awareness month, and Scentsy has a very special and beautiful Autism warmer. 
$8.50 of all sales will be donated to Autism Speaks. Such  a great cause and a great way to donate money while getting to display this special warmer in your home. 
How cute is that warmer? I will definitely get one for our home!
Autism is such a misunderstood condition among those who do not know someone personally that has any form of Autism.
I have seen children break down in the middle of a store, or just anywhere in public, and as my heart breaks for the mother or father trying to console their sensory overload child, I glance around to people passing by as they shake their head in disgust or make comments that the child needs to be spanked. 
I watch as mothers panics, trying to handle the situation while they are aware of the negative comments and glances that are burning through her. I have seen mothers in tears, as they are not really upset that their child is screaming on the floor, but instead, the people walking by assuming that their child is a brat and having a fit.  
I get it, not all children crying and throwing a fit in public have Autism, instead, I'm sure it's mom or dad saying no you can't have this or that. Even if that is the case, no one still has the right to give hateful looks or negative comments. Mom and dad actually telling that child no is a good thing. Teaching them they can't have everything they want will cause any typical young child to have a fit. It happens.
Regardless, instead of the judgmental glares and remarks, show some sympathy. Many children that have Autism have sensory issues, and those children don't quite know how to handle it besides crying. Show mercy to that mother or father doing their best to console their child. Be open minded and realize that these parents will do anything to help their child. 
I have actually seen a little girl and her father laying on the floor in a clothing department one day. My instant thought was not, what in the heck are they doing? Are they crazy? No, I watched as that child held her stuffed bunny, her little chest rapidly moving up and down as he father rubbed her back telling her everything was okay. As I smiled and moved on, I heard him speaking to a woman about his Autistic child and laying down helps her. 
My heart smiled that he would lay in the middle of the store to console his daughter and disregarded any judgment he knew was coming. 

Let's come together and kick Autism in the butt!
I would love to make a collage of everyone's Autism warmer and have it on display here to show that we support those parents with Autistic children. We hear you. We see you. We stand with you and we will support this cause.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day! Stay safe and see you on the next post <3.

Stephanie
n
Annalisa

P.s Don't forget to click the follow button :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment